- A rising number of infringements on the internet in all industries. This is an ongoing, rather than a new issue for which clients need to increase their resources for monitoring infringements online. The prevalence of social media for online commerce is not helping this situation.
- Recent intellectual property (IP) case law decisions have further clarified the law and set new legal precedents.
- The balance of legal IP rights and data protection privacy entitlement is causing a potential shield against enforcement.
- IP law reform such as the Unified Patent Court, EU trade mark reform and reduced costs for single class applications.
- More than ever trade mark attorneys need to act as clients’ true business partners – understanding and anticipating their needs with a suitably aligned IP strategy. The legal market place has never been more competitive and clients are seeking true value from their legal teams.